Charities and Community Service
We encourage all pupils at Norwich School to contribute to the wider community. All pupils have a variety of opportunities to engage in charity and volunteer work whether that be through the school’s community service programme or by supporting local, national and global charities.
Community Service Programme
The Community Service programme has been devised to support one of the school's primary aims: to equip pupils for leadership and service. Both L6 and U6 pupils take part in the programme and, it is hoped, the benefits will be tangible and in many ways profitable. Each of the placements will bring pupils into direct contact with other sections of the Norwich and Norfolk community, several of which contain people less fortunate than themselves.
Read the Community Service Brochure for more information.
Norwich School collaborates with local state schools, education providers and other organisations through a range of initiatives as part of our Outreach Programme.
We enjoy strong links with the wider community and seek to develop them further, with many initiatives recognised as examples of best practice.
Some example include:
- Outreach courses such as the Universities Summer School and GCSE Easter Revision Course
- Collaborative schemes including the Young Norfolk Arts Festival, Young Norfolk Sports Academy, and Making Musicians programme
- Staff-share schemes to develop ways of sharing knowledge, skills, expertise and experience with other educational providers
We actively raise money and support other communities both locally and internationally. This is led by the Norwich School charities committee – a pupil-led body that organises fundraising events. (accordion drop down)
Recent activities include:
- Fundraising dinner which raised over £2,300 for charity Mind
- Selling and delivering roses on Valentine’s Day in aid of the British Heart Foundation
- Variety Evening raising funds for Amnesty International
- Annual Norwich School Fashion Show in aid of Street Child