Support in the Community
We actively raise money and support other communities both locally and internationally.
- Our involvement in the organisation of various Science Olympiads and Mathematical challenges.
- We support the teaching of Latin at City Academy Norwich for gifted and talented pupils and we are also their educational partner.
- The Norwich School Science Show has had one outing this last year using the Star Dome presentation, four city centre schools attending.
- We have hosted Carnegie Prize seminars with city schools attending.
- The school hosts Notre Dame High School’s year 9 Religious Retreat every year for one week.
- We host the NCFC Annual Children’s five-a-side competition at Redmayne.
- For our sixth form pupils, our Community Service programme enables a very direct contribution to be made to the local community.
- We provide a very high level of support for the OPEN Youth venue on their student council/student hub group; two of our pupils sit as trustees.
- Our support to the Golden Tashi Chosing Monastic School in Ladakh continues with financial support enabling the completion of a Monk dormitory and clothing sent has dressed the whole Monk population.
- Our pupils write and perform the annual Nativity play in the Cathedral for 300 severely disabled Norfolk youngsters.
- The Community Sports Leadership scheme sends out about 20 able sportsmen and women to help across a variety of sports disciplines. Wymondham, North Walsham and Diss Rugby Clubs and the Penguins and Swans Swimming Clubs amongst the many that benefit.
- We continue to support and manage three important Norfolk book collections for the good of the country.
- The Oetebo Trust Micro Bank set up for Norwich School in 2004 in Tanah Merah, Timor continues to support some 80+ projects for the good of the local community.