At Norwich School, pupil welfare both on and off the sports field is taken extremely seriously. We are therefore pleased to announce that we will be partnering with Return2Play and Recover Physio to provide the highest level of care to our pupils.
We are delighted to have extended our partnership with Return2Play, with who we have been working for five years. Return2Play is a medical consultancy that is a leading expert in Injury Management. In enhancing our existing relationship, a number of key benefits are now available to the pupils at Norwich School:
- Norwich School will now use the Return2Play platform for the reporting of all pupil injuries and accidents (sporting and non-sporting) sustained at school. The injury management software enables the school to log and track the recovery of any injury that your child may experience. This removes the need for the paper accident report form as is currently completed and it allows parents to add notes or updates to their child’s account.
- In the event of any injury, immediate automated notifications are sent to everyone involved in your child’s care; i.e. key staff at school and any additional recipients that you choose to add, including sports clubs. Similarly, automated notifications are sent out whenever there is an update to your child’s recovery.
- In the event of a head injury to your child, specialist care is provided by doctors with experience in the management of head injuries and a proven track record of providing expert care. Pupils and parents will be able to book an unlimited number of online video consultations/appointments with a doctor, as soon as the evening of the day of injury. The graduated return to play protocol is then managed by Return2Play meaning your child will only return to sporting action when it is safe to do so.
- The Return2Play system and care are available all year, not just in term-time, and injuries sustained away from the school environment can be logged and managed in the same way.
- There is no charge for this service.
Norwich School is pleased to confirm it has entered into a formal relationship with Recover Physio, who are based over the road from the School on Princes Street. As part of this relationship, Recover Physio becomes the School’s recommended organisation for pupils seeking physiotherapy support. This relationship will facilitate the physios at Recover being able to speak directly with the School’s Medical and Athletic Development departments when treating a pupil at either a triage session (see below) at school or a full formal appointment at their clinic to advise on appropriate rehabilitation programmes which the School would then support.
Further future benefits will include:
- Recover Physio will be providing pitchside medical support to the School’s senior teams. Initially, this is beginning with the Rugby 1st XV.
- A triage service will be available to students within the Senior 1st teams during their games lessons on Tuesdays. Short appointments can be booked at school at no charge to the individual.
We look forward to working with Return2Play and Recover Physio and in both partnerships continue to provide the highest levels of care to our pupils.