Universities and Careers
The great majority of our pupils secure places at Russell Group universities, recognised as the UK’s leading institutions. This is due to expert guidance in Lower 5 – Upper 5 when choosing the most advantageous combinations of subjects for GCSE and A-Level, followed by the detailed advice and support they receive in the Sixth Form.
Our pupils enjoy an excellent record in securing places at medical schools, and at Oxford and Cambridge - a process that is overseen by the school’s Oxbridge Coordinator.
Pupils are guided through their university applications by an Advice Team which includes the Head of Sixth Form, as well as the Head of Careers, UCAS and Further Education. Interview practice and university visits are built into the Sixth Form programme, allowing pupils to make their applications with confidence and in good time.
University destinations 2018
- 76% of Upper Sixth pupils secured their first choice university in 2018.
- Norwich School was ranked 14th nationally in the Sunday Times’ Schools Guide for leavers getting a place at their chosen university in 2017.
- Pupils went to study Maths, French and Spanish, Music, History and Natural Sciences at Cambridge
Times Good University Guide 2018 League Table Figures
- 79% Norwich School leavers were placed at Top 30 UK universities.
- 61% of Norwich School leavers were placed at a Top 20 UK university
- 26% of Norwich School leavers were placed at a Top 10 UK university.
Russell Group Figures
- 64% were placed at Russell Group universities.
Norfolk University Access Summer School
The Norfolk Summer School offers advice and support to sixth form students from across the county who are aiming for some of the UK’s most competitive university places.
The programme offers unique opportunities to students, enabling them to make informed decisions about their applications to Oxbridge and the country’s other top universities. Through a series of subject tutorials, personal statement guidance, career advice, mock interviews, as well as visits to Oxford and Cambridge, the Norfolk Summer School has had a transformational impact on previous participants. Students go on to secure places at Oxford and Cambridge, medical schools and to study on a wide range of demanding courses around the country and in Europe.
To find out more about the school and to apply for a place, visit the website: https://www.norfolksummerschool.co.uk/
Our ONs have gone on to do a variety of careers after leaving the school. To find out more about what some of our ONs are doing since leaving Norwich School watch our short films below: