Choristers and Girls' Choir sing at 359th Festival of Sons of the Clergy
Strong performances from rounders teams.
Another clean sweep of victories, this time against Woodbridge.
Open Days are held in September and June. Our next Open Morning will be:
Saturday, 22 June 2013
FROM 10:00 - 12:00
Philanthropy and outreach
Philanthropy & Community Work at Norwich School
We are justifiably proud of all that we do in the community. Many bright young people in the city, and in Norfolk and beyond, have gained fresh stimulus and encouragement through “Outreach Norwich”. All the work we are involved in advances our broader educational aims and has an undoubted benefit when pupils take their places in the working environment by developing their social skills and “softer” skills. We will ensure our programme continues to meet the needs of those who participate from the state sector and our own pupils.
Summer University Access Scheme
Now in its ninth year, over 1,000 Norfolk State School pupils have benefited from the scheme, many going on to attend the UK’s most prestigious universities. Over the years the scheme has received generous support from Norfolk County Council, the Sutton Trust, Aimhigher, the Ogden Trust and HSBC.
Saturday Morning Schemes
* Maths Masterclasses: These are now in their third year. They receive generous support from the Royal Society and Norfolk County Council.
* The “Ad Astra” Scheme: This science scheme builds on a very successful ISSP scheme that was run in Norfolk. Starting in October 2011 it will receive a general support from the Ogden
Trust and Norfolk County Council.
* The QED (Quite Easily Done) MFL: This modern languages scheme hopes to improve the uptake and retention of languages by Norfolk children. It is generously supported by the SHINE
Foundation and Norfolk County Council and starts in October 2011.
Latin with CAN
We have supported the teaching of Latin to gifted and talented pupils from City Academy Norwich for two years. We are the Educational Partner of the Academy. In 2011 teaching continues with both years 7 and 8 being taught.
Beyond our direct partnership work we actively raise money and support communities locally and internationally.
* Our involvement in the organisation of various Science Olympiads and Mathematical challenges;
* The Norwich School Science Show has had one outing this last year using the Star Dome presentation, four city centre schools attending;
* We have hosted Carnegie Prize seminars with city schools attending;
* The school hosts Notre Dame High School’s year 9 Religious Retreat every year for one week;
* We host the NCFC Annual Children’s five-a-side competition at Redmayne;
* For a good number of our pupils, our Community Service placement programme enables a very direct contribution to be made to the local community. We have a number of pupils who are regularly involved with Cancer Research UK, the British Heart Foundation, various charity shops, Fairways School, Town Close House School, Norwich Day Services, various feline and canine care centres and the Vauxhall Centre;
* We provide a very high level of support for the OPEN Youth venue on their student council/student hub group; two of our pupils sit as trustees;
*Our support to the Golden Tashi Chosing Monastic School in Ladakh continues with financial support enabling the completion of a Monk dormitory and clothing sent has dressed the whole Monk population;
*Our pupils write and perform the annual Nativity play in the Cathedral for 300 severely disabled Norfolk youngsters;
* The Community Sports Leadership scheme sends out about 20 able sportsmen and women to help across a variety of sports disciplines. Wymondham, North Walsham and Diss Rugby Clubs and the Penguins and Swans Swimming Clubs amongst the many that benefit;
* We continue to support and manage three important Norfolk book collections for the good of the country;
* The Oetebo Trust Micro Bank set up for Norwich School in 2004 in Tanah Merah, Timor continues to support some 80+ projects for the good of the local community.
Houses last year contributed and distributed a record £25,000 (with sponsored walk support) to charities and groups in Norfolk.
Assistant Head (Compliance & Outreach)
Telephone: 01603 728447