Girls raise well over £1000
M5 Brooke raise £140 for Big C
Thrilling tie and Academy win
Open Days are held in September and June. Our next Open Morning will be:
Saturday, 22 June 2013
FROM 10:00 - 12:00
Daily bus service
The School has made arrangements to provide a daily bus service running in Norwich for which the timetable and details of stops are given below.
The bus service will ordinarily operate weekdays during term time and any pupil of Norwich School, current staff of Norwich School and/or parents of pupils currently attending Norwich School may travel on the daily School buses.
Tickets & prices
Passengers will only be permitted to travel if they hold a valid ticket. Tickets are not available for sale on the bus and need to be purchased in advance.
Passengers are required to purchase either:
- A bus pass valid for each half of one term; or
- A ticket for 20 trips valid for each half of one term.
The price of each trip is £1.25. Tickets will not be refunded, replaced or exchanged. Tickets will be named and are not transferable.
Tickets may be purchased:
- In person at the School shop, 71a The Close from 2pm to 5pm. Payments may be made using debit or credit cards and cash.
- By telephoning the School shop on 01603 728 440 and making a payment with a debit or credit card. Parents, pupils or staff may collect the tickets ordered by phone (which can be paid for at the point of collection) or request that they be sent by post (55p p&p will be added per ticket for first class post and please allow 5 working days for delivery).
- During the Lent term the on-line payment facility will be made available on the School website. Those wishing to make a purchase should select the Home page of www.norwich-school.org.uk and select the “make a purchase” button situated top right of the screen and follow indications for bus ticket purchases which will be made by debit or credit card. Purchases can either be collected at the School shop or delivered by post (55p p&p will be added per ticket for first class post and please allow 5 working days for delivery).
Information and conditions
Any pupil of Norwich School, current staff of Norwich School and/or parents of pupils currently attending Norwich School may travel on the daily School buses.
Days of travel
The daily bus service will ordinarily operate weekdays during term time.
The School will use either its own vehicles or those provided by third parties. School vehicles include double-decker buses, coaches and minibuses. Vehicles will be clearly marked with the route they are operating.
Travel on Norwich School buses will be fare paying. Details of the cost of travel are provided above.
Travel will only permitted by those holding a valid ticket. Tickets must be purchased in advance of travel. Details of how to purchase tickets are provided below.
Travel on the Daily Bus Service is in accordance with the Norwich School Bus Service Code of Conduct. All passengers travel entirely at their own risk and responsibility. The School cannot be held responsible for any loss of or damage to private property.
The School website will provide general information about the Daily Bus Service. Parents will be offered the option of joining the Daily Bus Service text system to be notified of particular problems should they arise.
The School reserves the right to make any changes to the daily bus service and will notify parents of such changes through the School website and the parent email service.
We would welcome any helpful suggestions which should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be clear to indicate your name and contact details to enable us to discuss your comments.
In case of an emergency regarding the daily bus service parents, pupils or staff should contact the School reception on 01603 728 430. Improper requests for emergency assistance may lead to the School seeking to recover the costs caused by the improper use. The School will notify parents of emergencies through the text service and the School website.
Limitation of liability
The School endeavours to operate a reliable and punctual service. However, where circumstances prevent the service operating normally, such as traffic congestion, mechanical failure, road works or extreme weather, the School shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or inconvenience suffered as a result of the conditions affecting the service.